So I realized a year ago today, I was at the UNI job fair getting hired. I can't believe a year has gone by.
It started me thinking about offering advice to others about doing this or just helping with the process in deciding to move to another country or specifically Brasil.
No I am not arrogantly thinking I can actually help anyone make their own decision but providing examples of the joys and pitfalls never hurts.
So a year later.......
I would do it again in a heartbeat. Both leaving the US and the moving to Brasilia.
I've missed awesome family events, friends weddings, Chicago food, visiting my family (or having them visit me), late night talks with my roommate, and some scattered gatherings.
I've gained a little bit of Portuguese, so many insights into the English language, many new friends, and an even better understanding of teaching.
Thank you Kathleen, God, Jessica, fate, and all other random events which led me to Waterloo Iowa a year ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment