Friday, December 21, 2012

Chicago Dec 2012

12:30 am December 21st 2012.  What will happen today???

7am Sunday December 16th Kerri picked me up and we headed to the suburbs.   She gave me a tour of her school and then we went for breakfast at the Blueberry Hill- or something.  We went back to her place to digest and relax.

We watched some DVR'd TV and then part of "the Grinch." Then we got ready and headed into the city to meet up with Kate and Dan Ferrario.

Kerri and I went up to Ravenswood and went shopping at Target while we were waiting for Kate and Dan. Then went to their place. It was great seeing them and Kate took us to a cute little shop nearby and I found some pretty cool presents and cards. I think the store is called "Hazel."

We didn't get to spend too much time with them as we were going to 5pm mass at OSP.  We went and I found my usual spot.  I saw many people and before I could run up to the choir and grab Megan, she ran down and found me.  I've missed her!!!   We said hi quickly as she needed to get back up to the choir and I greeted all the awesome people I haven't seen in 5 months.

Mass was good, as everyone was getting ready to go up to EM (Eucharistic minister), Keara came over and told me I could go up and distribute the bread, so I went up to the altar.  It was cool to be a part of the community again.

After mass, I made everyone walk over to Dylan's for food and fun.  I ordered their breaded mushrooms and chicken quesadillas.

It was nice to catch up and see people- which was the point of this trip.   After dinner, Kerri drove us back to  her place and I crashed before 11pm.  I must have been super tired.

So I could use her car, Kerri woke me up to drive her work early Monday morning.  I then ran a few errands and went to sleep for an hour before heading to the south side for lunch with my advisory girls at Portillo's.

I met up with Kaitlyn (new advisor), Margie, Mya, Michelle, and Yesenia and got to eat cheese fries and enjoy a shake!!  It was awesome to catch up with them and hear about how senior year is going.

We hung out for a few hours and then I drove over to UNO to see Ellen for a little bit and catch up on how UNO was doing. It was frustrating to hear what has and hasn't changed.  It was awesome to hear about some of my girls were doing and how much they had improved.

I drove back to Naperville and picked Kerri up for dinner.  We were meeting Erika at Homerun Inn- I've actually never been there before.

Since I was eating pizza the next night, I didn't order pizza there which doesn't make too much sense since it is a pizza place.  I ordered pasta and had mozzarella sticks as an appetizer.  It was good but a huge portion of pasta.  I also drank multiple hot chocolates as it is really cold in Chicago ( and surrounding areas).

Kerri and I picked up a pumpkin pie on the way home and enjoyed a few pieces once we were watching movies at her plae.   I fell asleep again before 11 - Crazy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment