The first stop was the little security/ customs booth which just checked my passport and visa. Before I got to the counter, Sue was checked in and then escorted to the federal police office. Great!!! She passed by me and said it was only because she had been to Brasil before. I've been to Brasil before!! - it was 13 years ago but still!
When I got up to the counter, Sue had already been sent on her way and the agent sent me on my way as well after just a few questions! Sweet.
Now to get my luggage....
I walked over to baggage claim and a man I had not met was removing the Rubbermaid Action Packers from the carousel. I walked up to him and asked, "Mark?" He said, yes and I introduced myself. He said he started grabbing all the containers since he knew we all used them. He had them in piles - most were Emily's so far. I joined the band wagon and we started removing any luggage we knew was going to teachers at EAB.
As the rest of the group finished up at customs, we all started pulling items off and organizing them on the luggage carts. We had 9 teachers and most of us had 6 -7 bags.
| Clarissa - only 4 suitcases |
| Ashleigh - only 5 suitcases |
| Sue - 6 pieces |
| Danielle - 6 pieces |
| Emily - 7 pieces |
| Kristi - 7 pieces / Mark - 6 pieces |
| ME - 6 pieces |
We got a train going but customs wasn't really moving, so we decided to take a group photo - ok I cajoled everyone into taking one since we had been on a 9 hour flight and some people were not to keen on pictures at this point.
| 2012 Newbie Group |
| I think we look GREAT!!! |
We slowly maneuvered everyone's carts and bags up to the customs lady and we each were questioned and let through. I love the honor system.
I walked through the doors and Beth, Barry, Derrick, Liz, Flavio, Denise (Den - E - Z) were there to greet us and maintenance grabbed my carts and took my stuff to my apartment for me!! Fantastic.
This aspect of moving to Brasil was amazingly smooth and easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment