Holding Pattern...
My documents were received by my school on March 21st. I received an email on March 23rd with my Brazilian contract attached. My Brazilian contract is similar to the contract I had previously signed, but this was in Portuguese and going directly to the Brazilian government for my visa to be approved.
I printed out the form and sent it via FedEx that night. EAB received it 4 days later. I am now all set and begin the holding pattern while government bureaucracy is set in action. ...
![]() |
| Waiting for my visa approval!! |
........
.....
While I waited to hear about my visa, I began sorting through all the stuff in my life (and apartment) I want to take to Brazil, keep but don't need in South America, and want to donate.
| Organizing everything into piles |
| This does NOT seem clean and organized! |
![]() |
| Old St Pat's |
![]() |
| Quartino's |
After mass at OSP, I took the family to Quartino's - can you believe I had never taken them there before!! We were not able to sit with Aldo (or Ben) but our server was good and I was able to have my mom try some wine. It was cool and they enjoyed it. As we were ordering dessert, who do I see walking out of the kitchen - Aldo. I stopped him and told him they told me he wasn't working tonight. he said, "I was upstairs." I introduced him to my family and he talked to us for a few minutes and then had to leave because he was heading out.
| Aldo!! |
We finished up at Quartino's and then headed back to my apartment. It was too late to pack anything in the car and the next day - on Easter Sunday - we were picking up my friend Yoojung and joining the Lindo's for an Easter brunch at their place, so we decided to wait until Sunday afternoon to pack everything up.
| Steve and Rachelle (The Lindo's) |
![]() |
| Mom, Marty, Me, and Dad |
| Marty, Yoojung, Rachelle, Jonathan, Me, Steve, Patrick (Dad) |
Brunch was great. We truly celebrated the Lord having risen. We enjoyed each other, all the stories, and amazing food with each other in family and fun which to me is what celebration is about - joining and celebrating with others.
![]() |
| Yoojung |
We dropped Yoojung off at her place and then headed back to my apartment.
We spent the next 2 hours carting furniture to Salvation Army, packing additional boxes, and loading the car with everything I had deemed unnecessary to the next 3 months.
All done and they got in the stuffed car and drove back to Sandusky. I walked up to my apartment and emptier room and called Kathy (current Meghan in Brazil) and asked what I was doing.
Kathy has been a fabulous part of this as she guides me through each part of the visa process, what items to bring and leave behind, and the emotional roller coaster I will be on as I continue this journey.





No comments:
Post a Comment